Sales and marketing alignment is when your sales and marketing strategies and activities are intertwined and working to a common goal. In reality what happens in most businesses is that while the goal may be the same i.e. generate more quality sales, often the two roles are doing entirely separate activities in their own silo.
However, if you align your sales and marketing, getting them working together, creating a great experience for your prospects then the results can be explosive…
- Companies who align their marketing and sales are 67% more efficient at closing deals.
- Aligning both could lead to 209% more revenue from your marketing.
- You can achieve up to 38% higher sales win rates.
- Marketing and sales alignment leads to 36% higher customer retention.
- 50% of all marketing qualified leads are ignored.
- Only 12% of customers want to meet a sales rep.
- 81% of companies who beat their revenue goal are quite or completely aligned in their sales and marketing.
- Companies with “tightly aligned” sales and marketing strategies reach 24% faster revenue growth and 27% quicker profit growth for three years.
Basically aligning your sales and marketing just makes sense. Both are or at least should be working to a common goal of increasing your sales. If your marketing and sales are managed or approached as to entirely different activities ( you’re not alone) then take the first step towards aligning your sales and marketing.
Sales and marketing alignment step 1
Who is your ideal customer? Creating your customer persona.